David Enríquez joined the firm in 2000. He specializes in various law fields, from both transactional and regulatory perspectives. His main areas of expertise cover the energy, infrastructure, and maritime sectors. His practice also includes commercial and investment arbitration related to those industries.
- LL.B., Universidad Panamericana, Guadalajara (1997).
- LL.M., Maritime Law, Instituto Europeo de Estudios Marítimos, Gijón, Spain (1998).
- LL.M., Maritime Law, Southhampton University, Southhampton, England (1999).
- PhD/SJD, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, Mexico (2002).
- Diploma on International Economic Policy, London School of Economics, London, UK (2004).
Spanish and English.
- International Bar Association.
- Institute for Energy Law.
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
- American Bar Association - International Section.
- The Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law.
- International Chamber of Commerce ICC (Mexico). Board of Directors.
Law Lecturer at ITAM (2007-2014). National Research Fellow SNI-CONACYT (2004 - 2014). Head of the Mexican Delegation before IMO, UNCITRAL and other international organizations related to the shipping industry (2004-2005). Editor of over seventy legal books (Porrúa, ITAM, Tirant Lo Blanch). Author of numerous articles and nine books on Maritime Law, International Economic Law and Energy Law published by Tirant Lo Blanch, Porrúa, UNAM, Oxford University Press and Foreign Affairs, among other publishing companies. Member of the Supervisory Committee of the UNAM’s Year Book on International Law. Moderator at Bloomberg’s energy segment (El Financiero TV). David is also a novelist and a storyteller. You can find his books on www.trazosytintas.com