Francisco Velázquez joined the firm in 1984. He specializes in capital markets and financial law; private equity and venture capital; corporate finance; joint ventures; business start-ups and operations; commercial and listed business companies; company acquisitions and sales; international commercial contracts; in-bond manufacturing operations; competition law; business reorganizations and insolvency.
- LL.B., Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico City (1976).
- LL.M., The American University, Washington, D.C. (1983).
- Diploma in Insolvency Law, Federal Judicial Institute (2009).
- Law and Practice on the Financial Markets, Mexican Stock Exchange (2008).
- Business Administration, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (2004).
Spanish and English.
- Mexican Institute of Finance Executives (VP New Groups, National Board and Secretary, Mexico City Group).
- Mexican Association of Corporate Counsels (Former National Chair, 1999-2000; and Chair, Financial Markets Law Committee).
- American Bar Association (Business Law & International Law Committees).
- Mexican Bar Association.
- Mexican Importers and Exporters Association (Former Vice Chair, 2007).
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico (Mexican Legislation Committee) and Coordinator, NAFTA Dispute-Settlement Advisory Committee, Mexican Business Coordinating Council (1991-1993).